Teaching Schools offer a range of evidence-based professional development opportunities for teachers and school support staff, extending a strong learning culture to schools they work with. These build on initial teacher training and induction and:
- Focus on improving and evaluating pupil outcomes
- Are underpinned by robust evidence and expertise
- Include collaboration and expert challenge
- Sustained over time and Prioritised by school leadership
- identify the best teachers and leaders from across their alliance to provide school-led professional development
- tailor development to meet the specific needs of schools
- offer coaching and mentoring
- evaluate the impact of professional development
- offer opportunities for formal accreditation or school-led research
Teaching Schools also lead on developing successful succession planning strategies to identify and develop people to fill leadership positions in the future.
- develop potential leaders within and across your schools
- build strategic governance and partnerships in order to make decisions about developing and placing potential leaders
For further information about teaching schools, please email email@example.com
Below are all the resources that is available on this topic. Clicking the image will take you to the appropriate page.
Teaching and Leadership Innovation Fund
Please use the provider search to find out more about our providers, the continuing professional development (CPD) programmes they offer and the areas of England they cover. Please contact the providers directly to apply.
Leading a Mentally Healthy School
Leading a Mentally Healthy School is a new two-day programme, aimed at senior leaders of all phases to enable reflection and action planning around whole-school approaches to mental health provision.
Volunteer to coach women teachers in schools
If you’re a leader and want to help more women to become leaders in education, pledge to coach. Coaching has the potential to transform the leadership journey of women teachers; building resilience, increasing confidence and unlocking potential.
Women Leading in Education – coaching pledge and resources
Women Leading In Education is aimed at supporting women into leadership roles, through leadership development opportunities, sharing of great practice and access to range of helpful resources.