The Lancashire and West Yorkshire area Teaching Schools are outstanding schools which have been nationally recognised for their capacity to support and help other schools to improve outcomes. TSC Representatives are serving school leaders of designated Teaching Schools, elected by Teaching Schools in their region or co-opted to provide national specialist advice.
Lancashire & West Yorkshire Teaching Schools Council Representatives:
Find your local Teaching Schools
We are proud to represent over 4000 schools across our four sub regions. There are currently 137 Teaching Schools located in the Lancashire and West Yorkshire area and 210 NLEs. Our Teaching Schools work across regional and local boundaries to support schools and deliver the TSA remit. Click the map below to find your local Teaching School.
To achieve the Lancashire and West Yorkshire area vision, TSC Representatives have put a regional infrastructure in place. For more information contact your local Regional Co-ordinators & Key Contacts.
Ambition and Vision
- We ensure that contious improvement is achieved by the schools sector deploying existing, outstanding practitioners as system leaders.
- We work closely with our Teaching Schools to
build the expertise, track record, capacity, local knowledge, diversity and drive to deliver effective, sustainable school-to-school support, CPLD and ITT
- We are committed to working in strong strategic partnerships with all stakeholders in the education sector in the North West and in West Yorkshire.
What We Do
- To develop school staff who consistently deliver exceptional learning experiences for young people in our region.
- To actively recruit and retain outstanding teachers for our schools.
- To develop inspiring leaders who act with integrity, passion and purpose.
- Four strategic partnerships operate across the region where TSC works closely and constructively with LAs, DfE, RSCs, Diocesan Directors, Ofsted and CPLD providers. In addition, a single over arching School Improvement Group meets to provide synergy and coherence. Contact: Tessa Mason-Tessa.Mason@education.gov.uk
To achieve the Lancashire and West Yorkshire ambition and vision, TSC Representatives Amanda Bennett and Angela Holdsworth have put the following infrastructure in place:
Click here to view all regional activity