Breakdown of Resources by Subject Area
Please note that the following information was provided by the teaching school and was correct at the time of publishing on 31st January 2016. All enquiries related to this resource and the information given here, should be directed to the teaching school via the email provided by them.
Plans and Resources for Year Groups 1- 6
We have created resources which are available to all schools in England at:
Information summary about how the resources and funding were utilised can be found below:
- How it has been designed to inspire – capture pupils’ imaginations (big launch etc.)?
- Updated, exciting relevant topics chosen – Aliens!, Walk like an Egyptian, Rolling Stones
- Entry and exit points to enthuse children and parents:
- Archaeological dig of Stone Age artefacts (tools, animal bones, jewellery and pottery etc) on school field or pit.
- Parents regularly informed of children’s work and invited to share success on Exit points (Class turned into museum, children tour guides and experts)
- Progression of lessons means children know where each session is leading to, and the exit point– there are no stand alone lessons
- Lessons follow new Curriculum guidelines, SLEs to monitor planning before and regular drop ins, book looks to examine progress and amend if necessary. Meetings with class teachers. Teacher and pupil questionnaire evaluations at the end of units. Learning journey on wall matches work in books. Hinge questions to assess.
- Cross curricular links made at every opportunity
- Displays used effectively to engage pupils and aid learning . Launch display to enthuse children, up before term starts.
- Regularly updated with progress and work/input from children, section on display for independent work (research).
- Interactive displays-talking post cards/questions/children responses captured on wall
- Up-to-date relevant linked to New Curriculum, age appropriate. What do you want to learn ?selected at the start of the unit. Pupil end of unit questionnaires. Interactive resources purchased
- History and Science strands have been rigorously planned to ensure a balance and build up of skills and knowledge.
- Assessment questions (hinge questions) at the start of unit. Core skills/objectives built upon year to year – SC1