The South West area Teaching Schools are outstanding schools which have been nationally recognised for their capacity to support and help other schools to improve outcomes. TSC Representatives are serving school leaders of designated Teaching Schools, elected by Teaching Schools in their region or co-opted to provide national specialist advice.
South West Teaching Schools Council Representatives:
Find your local Teaching Schools
There are currently 83 Teaching Schools located in the South West area, although Teaching Schools work across boundaries to support schools. Click the map below to find your local Teaching School.
The TSC SW portal contains a directory of all teaching schools in the south west and can be found here
To achieve the South West area vision, TSC Representatives have put a regional infrastructure in place. For more information contact your local Regional Co-ordinators & Key Contacts.
Teaching Schools Council SW Election opportunity
There is now an opportunity for teaching school leaders in the South West to express an interest in joining the Teaching Schools Council, as a regional TSC representative providing two days support per week during term-time (39 weeks).
If you are interested in the role, please read the attached briefing document and role descriptor and complete the nomination form, returning this to email@example.com by 9am Friday 26 April 2019.
The tenure is three years, subject to change, and your school will be reimbursed £500 per day to backfill your time. The role will cover the South West region.
- Handover date: w/c 03 June 2019 – 1 day per week for 7 weeks
- Start date: w/c 02 September 2019 – 2 days per week
The TSC continues to represent the interests of all teaching schools across the country and to help drive the strategic direction of the school led system.
If you would like to discuss the opportunity, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or a current member of the TSC via the website.
Ambition and Vision
- A self-improving system becomes a reality where schools receive timely and relevant support provided by proven excellent school leaders,teachers and education professionals
- Teaching Schools work together to play a key system leader role,providing and coordinating outstanding, evidence informed CPLD and school-to-school support enabling sustainable system-led continuous improvement.
- Through Teaching School Alliances and effective partnership working, more schools develop the skills, knowledge and capacity to become “givers of support”
CPD Portal SW
We have recently launched our new CPD Portal for the south West which provides access to an extensive range of information, school-led training and continuing professional development from a range of providers.
South West Teaching School Alliance Site
To achieve the SouthWest ambition and vision,TSC Representatives Tony Bloxham have put the following infrastructure in place:
Click here to view all regional activity