The South West area Teaching Schools are outstanding schools which have been nationally recognised for their capacity to support and help other schools to improve outcomes. TSC Representatives are serving school leaders of designated Teaching Schools, elected by Teaching Schools in their region or co-opted to provide national specialist advice.
South West Teaching Schools Council Representatives:
Find your local Teaching Schools
There are currently 83 Teaching Schools located in the North West London and South Central England area, although Teaching Schools work across boundaries to support schools. Click the map below to find your local Teaching School.
To achieve the South West area vision, TSC Representatives have put a regional infrastructure in place. For more information contact your local Regional Co-ordinators & Key Contacts.
Ambition and Vision
- A self-improving system becomes a reality where schools receive timely and relevant support provided by proven excellent school leaders,teachers and education professionals
- Teaching Schools work together to play a key system leader role,providing and coordinating outstanding, evidence informed CPLD and school-to-school support enabling sustainable system-led continuous improvement.
- Through Teaching School Alliances and effective partnership working, more schools develop the skills, knowledge and capacity to become “givers of support”
What We Do
- to develop school staff who consistently deliver exceptional learning experiences for young people in our region.
- to actively recruit and retain outstanding teachers for our schools.
- to develop inspiring leaders who act with integrity, passion and purpose.
To achieve the SouthWest ambition and vision,TSC Representatives Tony Bloxham and Jim Rogers have put the following infrastructure in place:
Click here to view all regional activity